If you are in this section, we are assuming that you've already configured and tested your referral program or deployed your referral program to your production environment, and you want to set your program on Cruise Control with our Paypal Auto Payout feature.
Who should read this tutorial?
This tutorial is for clients who want to pay out bonuses using Paypal Mass Payment tool.
At the end of this tutorial, you should have your referral program ready to send payouts via Paypal Mass Payment. You will have multiple options for setting up your payout system that will allow your program to run in Auto Pilot so that you can put your mind at ease.
- A Paypal account with Mass Payment Feature on.
- A referral program fully setup that generates new referrals and bonuses.
Setting up the connector
Click on the 'Connect with Paypal' button
Give Permissions to the Genius Referrals app so that we can send payouts on your behalf.
Once the accounts have been connected, you'll be able to set up account level configurations.
Account Level Configurations
The account level configurations apply to all the advocates on the account. There are multiple options in this section:
- Payout Management:
- Auto: When a bonus is given, it is redeemed automatically. A new redemption request is created and redeemed.
- On Request: The Advocate has to manually send a redemption request via our template's Redemption Request section. Once the redemption request is created, the system should process the request automatically.
- Payout Max (Max Payout per Redemption): Represents the maximum value to payout to an advocate per redemption request. For example, If your Payout Max rule is set to 10 USD, and the advocate sends a redemption request of 20 USD, the system will not process the payout as 20 USD > 10 USD.
- Payout Frequency: Represents the frequency in which payouts are processed by the system
- On Request: When a redemption request is created, the system process it immediately.
- Daily: The system will process redemption requests daily at the time specified on this option. At the time set (for example, Daily at 9:00 AM), the system will pick up all redemption requests and process them, from the last time it ran to the current time (9:00 AM).
- Weekly: The system will process redemption requests once a week at the time specified on this option. At the day and time set (for example, Weekly, every Monday at 9:00 AM), the system will pick up all redemption requests and process them, from the last time it ran to the current time (9:00 AM).
- Monthly: The system will process redemption requests once a month at the time specified on this option. At the day and time set (for example, Monthly, on the 21st at 9:00 AM), the system will pick up all redemption requests and process them, from the last time it ran to the current time (9:00 AM).
- Payout Threshold (Minimum required): The minimum amount required to trigger the payout. For example, if the advocate sends a redemption request of $10, and the Payout Threshold is $20, the system will ignore the request as $10 <= $20.
- Payout Limits: The maximum to pay out on a period. It represents the total aggregated value. For example, if the option is set to 'Daily $100' they system will pay out up to $100 per day.
- Daily: The maximum to pay out daily.
- Weekly: The maximum to pay out weekly.
- Monthly: The maximum to pay out monthly.
When setting up this options take into account your business rules, campaigns incentives, etc. You will be able to tweak these configurations in real time every time you need to.
Advocate Level Configurations
To override the Account Level configurations, use the advocate level configuration. To access this page, go to the Advocates & Referrals section, and click on the view action (eye icon) of an advocate. Under the 'Payout Configuration' section, click on the Add button.
Note that you have all the options available in the Account Level Configurations section. These configurations will override the configurations on the account level.
Reviewing Redemption Requests and Payouts on Paypal to reconcile Payouts
Once the payout options are set, the next time a bonus is given to an advocate, Genius Referrals will try to send a payout to the advocate based on your configurations. When all validations on this integration pass, the redemption request will be completed, and you will see on Paypal, a payout to the advocate.
On Genius Referrals
On the redemption request section, you will be able to see the Paypal Correlation Transaction Id once a payout is completed.
On Your Paypal business account
On PayPal, you will see the Redemption Request Id so that you can reconcile. The Redemption Request Id is available once you download the Mass Payment file.
On your Advocates' Paypal account
Your advocate will see the payout on his account summary.
What happens if the system didn't process the payout?
You should receive an email with the reasons why the payout was not successfully processed.
How do I check payouts?
Access to the redemption sections and look search for the action Payout. On Paypal check on your transaction summary and download the payout files to check for the Redemption requests ids.
The redemption request is stuck on Hold, what should I do?
This means that the system couldn't process the request as one of the validations failed. Check your email and look for the reason why the redemption failed and follow the steps on the email to fix this issue. Usually, you just need to move the request to the processing status.