The redemption request section is one of the more important areas in our portal and it's probably the one that you will use the most when managing your referral program. Once an advocate has accumulated enough bonuses in his account (over the payment threshold) he will be able to request a redemption using the tab Bonuses Redemption located on the referral program template. The redemption request is sent to Genius Referrals and will show up on the redemptions section.
The Bonus Redemption Request Flow
A redemption request pass through different states during the redemption process. When changing the status of a redemption request the following flow must be taken into account and must not be violated.
You can read the diagram above as follow:
- The request can be moved from state Requested to state Processing , Declined and Hold .
- The request can be moved from state Declined to state Requested .
- The request can be moved from state Processing to state Hold and Completed .
- The request can be moved from state Hold to state Declined and Processing .
In a typical flow, the request is Requested, then moved to the Processing state and finally moved again to the Completed state.
You can use the state Hold when you are not sure what to do with the request, once you figure out what to do with it then move it to the Processing state.
There are several operations that can be executed on this page, you are able to search by date range and other parameters, move a request from one state to another taking into the account the flow diagram described above, view the request information, and also download .csv files with the request information that can be used by your team to pay bonuses using Paypal Mass Payments or to pay bonuses for goods .
Moving the Request From One State to Another
To move the request from one state to another, first select the request to be moved by marking the checkbox located in the first column. Then select the state to be moved to on the 'Batch action' section and click on the button 'Go'. The image below shows the details.
Viewing the Redemption Request Detail
To view the details of a request, click on the action view located in the actions section. The image below shows the details.
When viewing a redemption request in your referral program, you will find information about the account, the advocate, and the redemption requests. Review the image bellow for more details.
Paying Yours Advocates with Paypal Mass Payment
Paying your advocates with Paypal Mass Payments is very convenient as it allows you to transfer money from your Paypal account to your advocates Paypal account. The process is very simple and it has only four steps.
- Move the redemption requests to the Processing state.
- Generate the Paypal Mass Payments file by clicking on action 'Generate Paypal Mass Payment file'.
- Save the file locally on your personal device. The generated file has all the information needed to import into Paypal.
- Advocate email
- Amount to redeem
- Redemption request reference number
- Upload the file into Paypal and use Paypal Mass Payment to transfer the bonuses to your advocates PayPal accounts.
The images bellow show all the steps: