Creating new advocates in Genius Referrals is very easy using our portal. Our forms will help you to add advocates manually and also assign a referrer to an advocate, Paypal accounts, etc.
Creating a new advocate
To create a new advocate go to the advocates section and click on the 'New' button. Make sure you fill in the following fields and then click on the 'Submit' button, not all fields are required:
- Required Information
- Name: The advocate's name.
- Last name: The advocate's last name.
- Email: The advocate's email.
- Payout threshold: The total amount of bonuses that the advocate must generate before being able to create a bonus redemption request.
- Currency: The advocate's currency.
- Can refer: Whether or not the advocate is allowed to refer services/products (Useful when using the Full Widget template).
- Access to the program
- Password: The advocate's password to use when accessing to the program.
- Security Code: The advocate's security code, useful for recovering the password.
- Email the access credentials: When 'yes' an email will be sent to the advocate with the email, password, and security code.
- Referrer Information
- Referrer's email: If the advocate is been referred you can enter the referrer's email to create the connection between the two advocates.
- Campaign slug: When assigning the referrer to an advocate you must also specify the campaign used by the referrer.
- Additional Information
- Token: The identifier of the advocate.
- Note: Use the note field to store additional information of the advocate, like the address, telephone number, etc.
Updating the advocate's referrer
To update the advocate's referrer, first search for the advocate on the advocates section and click on the 'View' button located on the 'Actions' column.
Then, click on the 'Update referrer' button.
Search for the advocate's referrer using the referrer's email and select the campaign and network used by the referrer to generate the referral. Then click on the 'Update' button.
Finally, make sure that the advocate's referrer was updated by checking the email field under the Advocate's referrer section.